Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. Some of our products include:
● GPS-based fleet management systems
● Collision avoidance safety systems
● Asset Health and predictive maintenance
● Optimized Smart Dispatch
● Autonomous trucks and specialized automation
● Analytics and BI
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. As a result of our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a full-time Asset Health Analyst to join our head office in Richmond, BC.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy, the Asset Health Analyst is Wenco’s subject matter expert on asset health conditions monitoring and maintenance engineering. The primary role is to work with customers and partners to analyze sensor information from customer equipment and create analyses reports and advise on key conditions to monitor. Using ReadyLine product capabilities to define Virtual Alarms (ability to combine multiple sensors and rules into a single logical/virtual sensor and alarm), the Asset Health Analyst will also create virtual alarm definitions that serve as predictive maintenance conditions to monitor for the customer and services partners. The Asset Health Analyst will also collaborate with OEM engineers, predominantly parent company Hitachi Construction Machinery (HCM) on the most important conditions to monitor for various OEM equipment, and help to create those machine-specific ReadyLine virtual alarms.
• Definitions and creation of ReadyLine virtual sensors and alarms for high value asset health conditions monitoring for various Hitachi and other major OEM equipment (Caterpillar, Komatsu, etc)
• Analysis of equipment sensor events from customers and creation of ReadyLine BI reports and dashboards using Wenco’s Tableau-based business intelligence reporting tool
• Consult with customers and partners as asset health subject matter expert to enable them to extract value from ReadyLine solutions and services
• Provide supplemental pre-sales and post-sales consultative support, to Wenco and Partner sales
• Work with Wenco product development team and OEM engineers to identify top priority sensors and components to monitor to extend the life of equipment, then define and create ReadyLine virtual sensors and alarms for predictive conditions monitoring.
• Provide for-fee consulting to customers and partners in pre-implementation planning, post implementation configuration and assessment of installed ReadyLine BI solutions and services.
• Following Wenco’s “ReadyLine Conditions Monitoring Service” guideline, support customers and partners in the ongoing conditions monitoring of their equipment by remotely accessing ReadyLine and other data, analyzing and creating periodic (usually monthly) reports on key maintenance conditions and recommendations.
• Specific responsibilities can include:
o Work with Wenco and HCM engineers to identify priority virtual sensors and alarms by equipment type
o Consult with customers and partners on pre-implementation planning
Requirements gathering for solution
Liaison with customer implementation team and Wenco product team
o Post implementation use of ReadyLine BI solution
Training customers on use of ReadyLine BI solution
Mentoring customer on change management
Ongoing fee-based consulting and tracking of value provided to customer from solution
o Analyze and report on customer ReadyLine data as part of Conditions Monitoring service
Analyze conditions from remote access to customer ReadyLine system
Help customer and/or service provider partner put together monthly analysis reports (using ReadyLine BI/Avoca reporting tool) on top priority asset health findings
Create additional ReadyLine virtual sensors/alarms for customers and general product based on those findings
Create and modify ReadyLine BI/Avoca reports and templates to enhance solution reporting capabilities.
o May require significant travel to customer and partner locations around the world
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements
● Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Computer, Electrical Engineering or similar preferred, Mining, Geology, IT Systems or Mathematics acceptable
● 5+ years relevant experience as maintenance/reliability engineer and asset health specialist, preferably at top tier mining customer
● Experience in asset health conditions monitoring and analytics
● Significant exposure to maintenance department processes and practices including maintenance planning, resource allocation, integration with operations and setting KPIs
● Understanding of mining operations, particularly with maintenance, as well as with IT systems
● Ability to use reporting tools such as Tableau (preferred), Microsoft Power BI or others
● Experience with IT systems, software programming and data base systems (asset)
● Experience creating and delivering presentations to technical audiences (asset)
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to understand business problems and how to apply technology and processes to meet problems
• Proactive problem solver, with strong analytics and ability to map analysis to business priorities
• Experience in Change Management for maintenance processes (asset)
• Good communication skills (report creation, written and verbal communications)
• Excellent listener and consultative communicator
• Proven self-starter with ability to turn objectives into actions and results
• Strong integrity and team player
WHY JOIN WENCO?
● We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
● We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance
● We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external)
● We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
● We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
● We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
● We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
● We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.