Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
Wenco is looking for an Atlassian Expert (Developer & Administrator) to support cross-departmental projects, support the administration of and lead our R&D team through an evolution of our Atlassian tool chain and its integrations. Do you:
• enjoy making a positive impact on people's daily work?
• get excited about optimizing and/or fixing issues at the intersection of people, technologies and business?
• have a passion for the artistry in creating and evolving complex systems that directly impact the success of the organization?
If yes then this collaborative, people oriented opportunity is for you.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
• Information Architecture
o Facilitate an information management strategy across our Atlassian cloud toolchain (Jira, Jira Service Management, Confluence, Opsgenie, etc) and interfacing systems (SharePoint, Teams, etc)
o Document, manage and communicate the information data model/architecture
o Define, implement and promote standard methodologies for the use of Confluence
o Support the business process owners by helping them understand the current Atlassian tools/apps, gather requirements, investigate potential solutions, test/demonstrate selected concept and then implement.
o Create visibility of project status for multiple departmental and cross-departmental projects, drawing from data in multiple systems.
• Administration & Optimization
o Configure, manage, and enhance Atlassian tools, including native functionality as well as researching, testing, and implementing marketplace apps and other integrations.
o Develop interfaces between external tooling and Atlassian
o Manage and optimize complex Jira / Jira Service Management workflows, automation, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
• Product Development Support
o Support development and delivery teams by creating holistic views of product development activities
o Work with deployment and delivery teams improve processes and speed of delivery
o Extending and maintaining
Automation framework as code and CI/CD
Test management app
Experience and Knowledge
• A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
• At least 3 years leading an Atlassian tool chain in a product development environment
• Experience with the following:
o Implementation and evolving a test management tool in Jira
o Utilizing REST APIs of Atlassian tools in order to provide improved automation and reporting capabilities
o Supporting release management processes
• Proficient with Python, SQL
Nice to Have
• At least 3 years of experience as a developer, development manager, release manager, or equivalent in a highly automated software development environment
• Confluence cloud blueprint development
o Jira Administration for Cloud
o Managing Jira Projects
o Manager Jira Service Projects
• Experience with implementation and evolving a test management tool in Jira and a CI/CD pipeline
• Experience supporting a hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) development environment
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community, joining various events of non-profit organizations and offering our employees paid volunteer days
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.