Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time Automation Engineer to join our R&D centre in Brisbane, Australia.
The successful candidate will join our engineering team and work in a collaborative, Agile environment. Your contribution to the team will be crucial in evolving our automation framework and complex simulation and analysis tools to support new product developments.
If you’re obsessed with eliminating laborious manual processes and have a passion for software quality improvement, we want to talk to you!
• Create scenario-based simulation and test cases, enabling verification of complex systems
• Post event analysis of data to detect defect patterns and improve test case coverage
• Automate data processing to visualize system performance and conformance to requirements
• Create and maintain frameworks enabling hardware in the loop testing for complex products
• Create automated user acceptance tests
• Embrace continuous improvement of our simulation and test frameworks
Your Experience & Knowledge
• A degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline
• 3+ years of relevant commercial experience with Python
• Experience with automation tools such as Robot, Cucumber or Selenium.
• Comfortable working on Windows and Linux systems · Experience with embedded computing platforms
• Experience with automation within CI/CD pipelines
• Any experience with development of hardware interfaces would be highly valued
• A preference for clarity and simplicity over unnecessary complexity
• Applicants must either be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident or hold a valid working visa
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.