Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time C++ Software Developer II to join our R&D centre in Richmond, BC.
We are looking for someone who can apply their software engineering skills to design and implement various applications taking advantage of real time processing, web services and graphic intensive mapping and engineering dispatch applications. Your contribution to the team will be crucial in evolving the design and development of our Wencomine Fleet Management System and future products. The successful candidate will join our engineering team and work in a collaborative, Agile environment.
If have a passion for software programming, we want to talk to you!
• Analyze, modify, write, and implement software code related to the creation and maintenance of software applications and services
• Create software requirement documentation, software design analysis and implementation
• Design and produce screens and workflows that support collection and display of complex information in an easy-to-understand fashion
• Analyze code and application execution for optimization and performance tuning
• Produce accurate software implementation estimates and delivers upon agreed schedule
• Provide input for the development and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation
• Collaborate with other engineers to provide the best solution possible that conforms to best engineering practices, including writing of unit tests and code reviews
• Contribute to ongoing improvements to the development process
Your Experience & Knowledge
• Degree in Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a Diploma in an Engineering or Computing Technology with relevant industrial experience.
• Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or hold a valid work visa.
• Minimum 5+ years of practical, full-time experience developing and maintaining application user interfaces utilizing Microsoft technologies in an enterprise or commercial environment.
• Experience using the latest MS technologies, including strong C/C++ background, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Solid experience with Windows Service, Multi-Threaded Programming, and Windows Socket.
• Familiar with data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Good to excellent understanding of relational databases, including experience with SQL Server.
• Availability for 10% domestic and international travel.
Nice to Have
• GNSS or GIS mapping technologies
• Experience with Microservices
• Time-series databases
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.