Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. Some of our products include:
• GPS-based fleet management systems
• Collision avoidance safety systems
• Asset Health and predictive maintenance
• Optimized Smart Dispatch
• Autonomous trucks and specialized automation
• Analytics and BI
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a C++ Software Engineer II to join our head office in Richmond BC.
Reporting to the Research &Development Manager, the software engineer will work in an Agile environment to design and implement innovative applications, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies. They will collaborate with fellow Development personnel to design, develop and test software. We are looking for someone who can apply their software engineering skills to design and implement various applications taking advantage of real time processing, web services and graphic intensive mapping and engineering dispatch applications.
• Ability to analyze, architect, modify, write and implement software code related to the creation or maintenance of software applications and services.
• Creation of software requirement documentation, software design analysis and implementation.
• Ability to analyze code and application execution for optimization and performance tuning.
• Produce accurate software implementation estimates and delivers upon agreed schedule.
• Provide input for the development and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation.
• Sets code standards and procedures for the software engineering teams.
• Collaborate with other engineers to provide the best solution possible that conforms to best engineering practices, including writing of unit tests and code reviews.
• Contribute to ongoing improvements to the development process.
EXPERIENCE,KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements
• Degree in Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a Diploma in an Engineering or Computing Technology with relevant industrial experience.
• Minimum 5+ years of practical, full-time experience developing and maintaining application user interfaces utilizing Microsoft technologies in an enterprise or commercial environment.
• Experience using the latest MS technologies, including strong C/C++ background, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Solid experience with Windows Service, Multi-Threaded Programming, and Windows Socket.
• Familiar with data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Good to excellent understanding of relational databases, including experience with SQL Server.
• Mathematical understanding of traffic optimization over dynamically changing road systems.
• GNSS or GIS mapping technologies (asset)
• Microservices (asset)
• H/A Server Solution (asset)
• Time-series databases (asset)
Skills and Abilities
• Technical leadership and mentoring abilities to guide the technology design decisions within a development team.
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated and able to provide detailed technical instruction.
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company.
• We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance.
• We provide a fun working environment, including Fresh Fruit Mondays and Popcorn Fridays, monthly employee engagement activities, and on-site games such as Ping-Pong, Foosball, Big Jenga and Connect 4.
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies.
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work.
• We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit.
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations.
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity).
• We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.