Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. Some of our products include:
• GPS-based fleet management systems
• Collision avoidance safety systems
• Asset Health and predictive maintenance
• Optimized Smart Dispatch
• Autonomous trucks and specialized automation
• Analytics and BI
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a DevSecOps Systems Engineer to join either our head office in Richmond BC or our office in Brisbane, Australia. Reporting to the Senior Solutions Architect, the DevSecOps Systems Engineer will be responsible for delivering the integration of security at every phase of the software development lifecycle, from initial design through integration, testing, deployment, software delivery, and operations. The DevSecOps Systems Engineer will contribute to the design and implementation of security hardening and remediation. Additionally, the DevSecOps System Engineer will provide backup for DevOps tasks covering automated builds, code scanning, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure.
Currently most roles are working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions but Wenco has flexible work modes available when restrictions are lifted as well!
• Deliver technical solutions for improving overall quality and security of platform and product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting
• Design and implement Wenco's cloud-based source control, CI, builds and automated testing infrastructure security standards practices
• Research new technologies that will improve security, efficiency and effectiveness
• Analyze, design and evaluate automation scripts and systems
• Automate system monitoring processes
• Troubleshoot problems, maintain virtual environments and build processes
• Participate in managing cloud infrastructure and system administration, and work with teams to identify and repair issues on an as-needed basis
• Provide direct support during various operations such as deployment to production and non production environments
• Collaborate with developers and IT to ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
• Design, implement and test agreed-upon infrastructures
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field with 3+ years of overall experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, working with local and remote engineering teams across multiple disciplines
• Software development background, more specifically in security, automated QA and DevOps space
• Experience with systems and IT operations
• Experience with automation/configuration management
• Experience with cybersecurity trends and practices
• Experience with security testing, vulnerability assessment and threat investigation and remediation
• A good understanding of open-source DevOps technologies and cloud services
• Experience in creating a CI/CD (continuous integration/deployment) pipeline
• Hands-on experience using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Terraform, Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, scripting, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• A good understanding of regulatory, compliance and audit standards especially SOC2 and ISO27001
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps is required(Experience with AWS is a plus)
• Experience with programming and scripting, with a preference for Python, Perl, bash, php etc.
• Prior experience in C++, C#.Net, C programming a plus
• Security certification is preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Clear written and verbal communication in English, with ability to translate non-technical requests and requirements to a technical solution
WHY JOIN WENCO?
● We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
● We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance
● We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
● We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
● We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
● We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
● We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in Diversity and Inclusion)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.