Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. Some of our products include:
● GPS-based fleet management systems
● Collision avoidance safety systems
● Asset Health and predictive maintenance
● Optimized Smart Dispatch
● Autonomous trucks and specialized automation
● Analytics and BI
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time .NET Software Engineer, UI to join our head office in Richmond BC. Reporting to the Research & Development Manager, the .NET Software Engineer will work in an Agile environment to design and implement innovative applications, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies. If you are a driven and creative individual who wants to join a rapidly growing organization, we want to talk to you!
• Analyze, modify, write, and implement software code related to the creation and maintenance of software applications and services
• Create software requirement documentation, software design analysis and implementation
• Design and produce screens and workflows that support collection and display of complex information in an easy to understand fashion
• Analyze code and application execution for optimization and performance tuning
• Produce accurate software implementation estimates and delivers upon agreed schedule
• Provide input for the development and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation
• Collaborate with other engineers to provide the best solution possible that conforms to best
engineering practices, including writing of unit tests and code reviews
• Contribute to ongoing improvements to the development process
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements:
● Degree in Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a Diploma in an Engineering or Computing Technology with relevant industrial experience
● Minimum 5+ years of practical, full-time experience developing and maintaining applications in an enterprise or commercial environment
● Proficient in building web applications using React and other UI libraries
● Strong knowledge of C#, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework
● Ability to translate mockups into seamless web pages with perfect visual and functional elements
● Familiar with data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals
● Good to excellent understanding of relational databases, including experience with SQL Server
● Familiar with UI/UX design principles
● Experienced with Desktop (WinForms, WPF) development (asset)
● Experience with cloud technologies (asset)
Skills and Abilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, objective oriented
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Able to convert complex concepts and ideas into simple and easy-to-use designs and mockups
• Strong interpersonal skills.
WHY JOIN WENCO?
● We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
● We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance
● We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
● We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
● We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
● We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
● We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
● We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.