Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time Product Delivery Assistant to join our head office in Richmond BC.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Product Delivery Assistant will be primarily working independently in the warehouse to prepare, pack and label outgoing shipments, while following specific processes. The role will also be responsible for tracking and organizing incoming and outgoing inventory items on a continual basis.
● Work safely, with regard for the safety of others and contribute actively to maintaining and improving workplace health and safety
● Follow all job specific safe work procedures
● Promote “Safety First” throughout organization
● Report any unsafe work to local Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee/Representative, your manager or Human Resources\
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
● Receive incoming goods and verify all incoming parts and warehouse items are correct
● Pack goods for shipment per requirements provided and coordinate with freight forwarders
● Receiving: Ensure safe and accurate placement of stock items onto inventory shelves
● Create NAV assemblies and building of non-technical products ie: cables
● Prepare boxes and other packaging for current and future customer orders
● Conduct stock and inventory audits as required
● Create general administrative documentation for receipt of inventory
● Other ad-hoc tasks as requested by Operations Manager
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience and Knowledge
● High-school diploma
● 1+ years of experience in a relevant role
● Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
● Knowledge of safe lifting and other applicable safety practices and willingness to learn such practices
● Familiar with inventory control practices
Skills and Abilities
● Ability to understand, learn and apply new processes
● Solid organizational skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
WHY JOIN WENCO?
● We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
● We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance
● We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
● We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
● We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
● We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
● We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in
inclusiveness and diversity)
● We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.