Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a Product Owner to join our R&D centre in Brisbane, Australia.
The successful candidate will join our product team and work in a collaborative, Agile environment. You will contribute to determining customer problems and identifying business needs. You will elicit, document, and manage stakeholder requirements, identify, and recommend viable solutions within Wenco products and facilitate the successful implementation of those products.
• Research, analyse, and understand customer problems and business value drivers based upon the Wenco product roadmap, to be able to propose technical solutions; be involved in, or lead, customer and stakeholder interviews as needed to gather appropriate information;
• Work closely with the Product Manager to organise, specify, and model requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous;
• Work with the Product Manager to break features down. Create user stories, and document defects with acceptance criteria; ensure that Development teams always have an adequate number of prepared tasks to work on;
• Work closely with development teams to deliver solutions that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary areas in the department and company;
• Plan and prioritise the product backlog and development for the product; assess value and ensure Development team is focused on work that maximizes business value and is aligned with product strategy;
• Identify and communicate release dates to stakeholders;
• Participate in all Scrum events;
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Your Experience & Knowledge
• University degree from an accredited institution in a relevant discipline, or equivalent practical experience
• 3-5 years of experience as a Product Owner or in similar product roles
• Knowledge of Agile and Scrum process
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, objective oriented
• Strong, demonstrated customer focus (internal and external)
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• An understanding of Mining / Fleet Management Systems would be advantageous
• Applicants must either be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident or hold a valid working visa
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.