Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time Software Development Manager to join our head office in Richmond, BC.
The successful candidate will join our engineering team and work in a collaborative, Agile environment. You will provide front-line Product Development leadership for teams implementing innovative applications using cutting-edge technologies in the areas of cloud computing, IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), data analysis, reporting, and more.
If you are passionate in people management with in-depth technological knowledge and experience in product engineering and delivery, we want to talk to you!
• Team – work with product management and other teams to understand business and technology needs, maintain visibility for timelines and release schedules.
• Planning – participate in team events, roadmap development and milestone schedule creation including forecasting budgets, resources, skills, dependencies, requirements, architectural / infrastructure runway, etc.
• Mentoring & Career Development – help our employees to be great: Understand the employee and their goals, and facilitate mentors, education, experience, exposure to help them grow personally / technically and be better leaders.
• Performance – set goals, facilitate behavioral and technical feedback, provide feedback as near real-time as possible, evaluate performance, share observations with other R&D leaders.
• Recruiting – actively involve in all stages of the recruiting process. Find capable people with the right behaviors.
• Methods, Standards & Practices – monitor, adopt, develop new sustainable methods and technologies relative to your disciplines. Disseminate, guide, train, and gather feedback on the best practices to the department. Coordinate and/or attend concept/design/code reviews to ensure the knowledge and understanding has transferred to the wider team.
• Continuous Improvement – constantly work on improving the performance, productivity, quality, processes, information organization, etc... of your team(s) and the department.
Your Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
• Must have a degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent
• A minimum of 7 years product development experience involving software and/or firmware
• At least 2 years in a leadership role
• Extensive experience with multiple programming languages and paradigms
• Utilizing Scrum software development methodologies
• Development of cloud applications using Azure or AWS
• Passionate about automation and CI/CD pipelines
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including best practices related to coding standard, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
• A preference for clarity and simplicity over unnecessary complexity
• Availability for 10% domestic and international travel
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.