Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery (HCM), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, the Senior Technical Services Analyst’s main responsibility is to provide support to Technical Services Analyst and Specialist roles and our clients.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely phone, email and remote access support for Technical Services Analyst role and for customers if both Technical Services Technician and Analyst roles are not available
- Maintain duplicate system environments of existing clients for testing and troubleshooting purposes
- Record/document all client issues through to resolution using Wenco’s issue tracking system
- Plan and practice for system implementation and upgrade projects
- Review and contribute to product documentation
- Review all support cases before they get escalated to Tier2.
- Communicate with global Tier 1 support on issues the region is struggling with
- Perform Triage Desk “1st line support function”
- Perform successful implementations and upgrades
- Conduct site inspection and reports in preparation of deployments
- Coordinate resources from mine staff as required
- Provide one-on-one and classroom training on the use and administration of the system
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues
- Regular communication with mine management and project lead on project progress
Experience and Knowledge:
- 6 to 10 years of user and admin support experience for an enterprise class software system
- Solid understanding and experience with Fleet Management Systems and High-Precision, and/or Machine Health Products
- Mining experience/knowledge would be an asset
- Databases SQL (advanced administration ability), OpenTSDB, InfluxDB (advanced)
- Real-Time software systems
- Mobile Computing
- Windows networking experience
- Virtual machine environments
- Linux server administration (advanced)
- Windows server administration (advanced)
- Differential GPS/Real Time Kinematic system (RTK)
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems with an understanding of Real Time Kinematic systems
- Knowledge of serial and CAN Bus connections
- Valid driver’s licence
- Competence and understanding of historic and current Wenco hardware platforms
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to plan and prepare for projects
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong ability to work in high-pressure environments (especially when on-site in remote mine site locations)
- Strong ability to work effectively both in a team environment and as an independent contributor
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task based on customer and business needs
- Ability to build long term relationships with clients
- Ability to coach and mentor roles within the team
- Diploma in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, or a related IT or mining discipline or practical experience to an equivalent level, preferably in mining
- Extensive travel required (must have a valid passport and legally be able to travel internationally if required)
Why Join Wenco?
- We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling global company
- We invest in continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
- We offer flexible remote work arrangements
- We offer our employees an attractive profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
- We have a referral program – work alongside your friends and receive from $3000 to $5000 (equivalent to Canadian currency) for each successful referral!
- We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
- We pride ourselves on our company culture (over the last 5 years we have scored between 97% and 100% in our employee surveys on Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace)
- We have free counselling for you and your family via our EAP helpline
- We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting work place environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
As our team experiences high volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To be considered, please ensure a resume is attached.