Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time Senior UX Designer to join either our head office in Richmond BC, Canada or our office in Brisbane, Australia.
The successful candidate will join our product management team and work in a collaborative environment. The Senior User Experience Designer will lead UX Design within Wenco and grow the team as value is delivered and business needs require.
If you have a passion for UX design with an ability to engage and advocate across a range of stakeholders and willingness to travel to our customers' sites, we want to talk to you!
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders to design and deliver solutions that achieve our business goals.
• Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to improve usability of products.
• Actively contribute to the product development process, from ideation to implementation and beyond.
• Engage with SMEs, Product Managers, Product Owners, and customers to understand user needs.
• Participate in understanding and developing personas, value streams, workflows and help guide the development of our products.
• Design and conduct requirements and UX Research using appropriate techniques such as design workshops, user surveys etc.
• Work collaboratively with clients to translate business requirements into detailed application designs.
• Actively collaborate in cross-disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions.
• Create application concepts by contributing to information architecture, user interface flow, wireframes mockups and other design guidelines.
• Articulate rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs.
• Coordinate end-user research efforts, build prototypes, and conduct testing with customers to validate designs through customer feedback and usability testing.
• Create compelling detailed designs for range of web, embedded and desktop products.
• Define design standards.
• Create and maintain an atomic design system and UI kit.
• Ensure timely delivery of designs while maintaining high quality.
Experience and Knowledge
• 5+ years of UX Design experience. We will however consider less experience for the right candidate.
• Portfolio of previous work demonstrating successful design solutions.
• Experience with interaction design and information architecture.
• Experience in cloud platforms and mining software a plus.
• Experience with user-centric design processes.
Skills and Abilities
• Able to take on leadership role and support and manage more junior UX designers.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Strong, demonstrated customer focus (internal and external).
• Excellent customer and people management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; a strategic thinker.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Why Join Wenco?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.