Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time Software Engineer II to join our R&D centre in Richmond, BC.
The successful candidate will join our engineering team and work in a collaborative, Agile environment. Your contribution to the team will be crucial in evolving our front-end development for our Wencomine Fleet Management System and future new product development.
If you’re obsessed front-end development and have a passion for software programming, we want to talk to you!
• Analyze, modify, write, and implement software code related to the creation and maintenance of software applications and services
• Create software requirement documentation, software design analysis and implementation
• Design and produce screens and workflows that support collection and display of complex information in an easy-to-understand fashion
• Analyze code and application execution for optimization and performance tuning
• Produce accurate software implementation estimates and delivers upon agreed schedule
• Provide input for the development and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation
• Collaborate with other engineers to provide the best solution possible that conforms to best engineering practices, including writing of unit tests and code reviews
• Contribute to ongoing improvements to the development process
Your Experience & Knowledge
● A degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline
● Minimum 5+ years with a proven track record of developing and maintaining applications in an enterprise or commercial environment
● Expert knowledge of C#, and .NET Framework
● Proficient in VB.NET
● Proven experienced with desktop development using WPF
● Experience with data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals
● Experience with relational databases, including SQL Server
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.