Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. Some of our products include:
● GPS-based fleet management systems
● Collision avoidance safety systems
● Asset Health and predictive maintenance
● Optimized Smart Dispatch
● Autonomous trucks and specialized automation
● Analytics and BI
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for full-time Junior or Intermediate Software Engineers in Test to join our head office in Richmond BC.
Reporting to the Research & Development Manager, the Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for testing software solutions and contributing to the evolution and maintenance of automated tests for continuous regression testing. They will collaborate with all key stakeholders, including Product Management, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to plan and execute tests, as well as implement test scripts for automated testing framework.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
• Design test cases linked to software requirements / user stories.
• Build and maintain automated testing framework
• Build and maintain test scripts to automate the regression tests.
• Identify, document, track and verify software defects and record them in defect tracking systems.
• Write documentation to support automated testing process, including test procedures and test cases.
• Collaborate with Software Engineers on technical design and implementation, as well as on developing test scenarios and test cases.
• Develop in house test tools and enhance existing tools.
• Adhere to defined work processes, coding standards, and industry best practices.
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering, or a Diploma in an Engineering or Computing Technology field with relevant industrial experience
• 1 - 3 years of relevant working experience
• Proficient knowledge of C++, C# and/or Python• Working knowledge of SQL and databases as well as data structures and algorithms
• Experience with operating systems, networking and distributed systems
• Experience with Azure or other cloud environments• Knowledge of various test methods and tools, e.g. Selenium, perfmon, etc.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly self-motivated and willingness to follow instructions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
WHY JOIN WENCO?
● We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
● We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance
● We provide a fun working environment, including Fresh Fruit Mondays and Popcorn Fridays, monthly employee engagement activities, and on-site games such as Ping-Pong, Foosball, Big Jenga and Connect 4
● We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
● We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
● We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
● We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
● We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
● We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet managementsystems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees tobuild and grow their career with the Company.Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.