Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time System Administrator to join our office in Brisbane, Australia.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Systems Administrator role is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers. This role also actively resolves problems and issues with computer and server systems to ensure continuity for the organisation.
• Mentor and assist the helpdesk technicians
• Administer and maintain virtualized environments
• Active Directory Administration
• Azure Active Directory Administration
• Backup Administration
• Patch Management
• Administer and maintain MDT and Intune
• Act as the second point of contact for Service Desk issue escalation
• Administer and maintain Atlassian Product suite
• Research as necessary
• Other ad-hoc responsibilities as needed
Your Experience & Knowledge
• Bachelor of Information Technology or relevant work experience
• 2+ years of technical experience in a Systems Administrator role
• Solid knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
• Solid knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
• Linux operating system knowledge (Nice to have)
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit & Intune (Asset)
• Active Directory administration – (DNS, DHCP, Sites & Services)
• Veeam Backup & Replication
• Atlassian Product suite (Jira, Confluence, Service Desk) (Asset)
• Fundamental networking knowledge
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work independently & in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and able to follow instruction
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling global company
• We invest in continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer our employees an attractive profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive from $3000 to $5000 (equivalent to Canadian currency) for each successful referral!
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (over the last 5 years we have scored between 97% and 100% in our employee surveys on Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace
• We have free counselling for you and your family via our EAP helpline
• We offer much more!
For application queries, please contact email@example.com stating the job title in the subject line.
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights within the region you are applying.
Closing Date: Monday, 9th May, 2022 at 5:00 pm AEST.
As our team experiences high volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.