Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time System Quality Engineer I/II to join our office in Brisbane, Australia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for testing software solutions and providing technical support for real problems faced by customers. They will collaborate with all key stakeholders, including Product Management, Software Engineers, and Technical Support to plan and release software solutions on time with quality.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
• Support and Troubleshooting
o Investigate/troubleshoot site issues and help developers with problem reproduction steps.
o Identify, document, track and verify software defects and record them in defect tracking systems.
o Communicate quality issues and coordinate software releases with internal teams.
o Design test cases linked to user stories.
o Build and maintain test scripts to automate the regression tests
o Collaborate with development teams on technical design and implementation, as well as on developing test scenarios and test cases.
• Product Development Support
o Interface with product management/owners and developers to define and improve requirements and test plans.
o Work with the Technical Documentation team to create content for instructions and user guides for customers.
Experience and Knowledge
• A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
• Passionate, curious people who work well in a team and who can work independently if needed.
• Preferred experiences:
o in troubleshooting complex systems that involve software/firmware
o with customer service or technical support
• Preferred knowledge with
o SQL and database.
o Test automation tools
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan, including RRSP matching
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community, joining various events of non-profit organizations and offering our employees paid volunteer days
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.