Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time Technical Lead to join our R&D centre in Brisbane, Australia.
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will join our engineering team and work in a collaborative, Agile environment. Your contribution to the team will be crucial in ensuring that the technical solutions, architectures and development processes utilized at Wenco enable rapid delivery of high quality products that provide value to our customers.
You will lead the development of Wenco’s fatigue management cloud platform which plays a crucial part in improving the safety of thousands of vehicle drivers globally. Our wearable, AI technology supports our customers in monitoring and managing fatigue so they can return home safely to their families at the end of a day’s work.
• Provide technical leadership for the design and deployment of applications in the cloud
• Promote a culture of quality within the development team
• Be relentless in pursuit of continuous improvement
• Demonstrate and promote use of modern agile development practices
Your Experience & Knowledge
• A degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline
• Minimum of 7 years experience in commercial product delivery
• Developing and supporting systems deployed on AWS infrastructure using capabilities such as Lambda, API Gateway and Amazon ECS
• Containerization technologies such as Docker
• Experience with both microservice and serverless architectures
• Strong database knowledge preferably with Aurora MySQL and Redshift/PostgreSQL
• Exposure to React is highly valued
• pipelines and mindset CI/CD
• You won’t need to be a front-end expert, but you can bumble your way through web UI using HTML5/JS
• A preference for clarity and simplicity over unnecessary complexity
• Applicants must either be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident or hold a valid working visa
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.