Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time Technical Lead, Cloud Services/IIoT to join our head office in Richmond, BC.
Reporting to the Research & Development Manager, the technical lead will work in a collaborative, Agile environment. We are looking for someone who can apply their software engineering skills to design and implement innovative applications taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies in the areas of cloud computing, IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), reporting, and more.
You will lead a team of software developers to create high quality solutions as part of a multi-team project developing a greenfields asset maintenance platform. Our IIoT asset maintenance product collects thousands of data points from assets worldwide, enabling our customers to fine-tune their preventative maintenance practices, and extract previously unknown insights on the health of their equipment.
o Design, architect and implement cloud services
o Lead development teams on technical design and implementation, as well as on developing test scenarios and test cases.
o Support technical services and operations teams with investigation and reproduction of customer issues.
o Analyze code and application execution for optimization and performance tuning.
• Technical Leadership
o Be relentless in pursuit of continuous improvement
o Promote a culture of quality within the development team
o Mentor others in the team
o Collaborate with architects, DevOps, and other teams to achieve project goals
o Help to set direction for the team
• Product Development Support
o Interface with product management/owners and developers to define and improve requirements and automated and manual test cases.
o Work with the Technical Documentation team to create content for instructions and user guides for customers.
Your Experience & Knowledge
• A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of practical, full-time experience developing and maintaining cloud-based microservices, frontend web applications or similar
• You consider yourself an authority on modern Agile development best practices
• Experience developing web APIs, microservices, scaling up such services and dealing with availability, etc.
• Containerization technologies such as Docker
• Experience using the latest Azure technologies, including App Service, Cosmos, AKS, APIM, Service Bus, etc.
• Experience with implementing, using and/or leading:
o Automated testing/simulation
o TDD, ATDD, BDD
• Data modelling skills, good to excellent understanding of relational and non relational databases: SQL Server, CosmosDB or other noSQL beneficial
• Experience with industrial data historians or time-series databases such as Aveva Wonderware, OSISoft PI, InfluxDB, HBase, etc.
• Exposure to React is highly valued; You won’t need to be a front-end expert, but you can bumble your way through web UI using HTML5/JS
• Pipelines and a CI/CD mindset
• Familiar with data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• A preference for clarity and simplicity over unnecessary complexity
• GNSS or GIS mapping technologies (asset)
Skills and Abilities
• Technical leadership and mentoring abilities to guide the technology design decisions within a development team.
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated and able to provide detailed technical instruction.
WHY JOIN WENCO?
• We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
• We offer flexible remote work arrangements
• We offer an extensive benefits plan
• We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
• We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
• We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
• We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.