Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide.
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a Technical Services Analyst to join our team in Tucson, Arizona.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, the Technical Services Analyst will provide remote technical assistance to Wenco system users. They shall also perform system installations and upgrades, and provide training on the use and administration of Wenco products. Frequent travel (up to 40% of time) will be required.
• Provide phone, email and remote access support for existing customers
• Maintain duplicate system environments of existing clients for testing and troubleshooting purposes
• Record/document all client issues through to resolution using Wenco’s issue tracking system
• Plan and practice for system implementation and upgrade projects
• Review and contribute to product documentation
• Participate in formal training, but also maintain knowledge of the evolving system through reading and information sharing with other engineers
• Consult with Development on system use cases for product development
• Provide technical input to Sales and Marketing on new opportunities and projects
• Take turns on rotating basis being on call for after-hours support
• Perform implementations and upgrades
• Site surveys in preparation of deployments
• Coordinate resources from mine staff as required
• Provide one-on-one and classroom training on the use and administration of the system
• Troubleshooting of software and hardware issues
• Liaise between mine site and head office
• Effectively manage Wenco’s relationship with the mine site
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements
● Degree or diploma in Electronics, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related IT or mining discipline, or extensive practical experience to an equivalent level, preferably in mining
● 3-5 years’ user and admin support for an enterprise class software system
● Knowledge of ERP systems in relation to maintenance management
● Knowledge of Asset Health Systems
● Software testing experience
● Experience in the analysis of machine health data to improve machine reliability
● Experience in equipment maintenance strategy development and developing preventive maintenance and repair procedures
● Experience with:
o Databases: SQL (advanced administration) ,OpenTSDB (moderate)
o Real-Time software systems
o Mobile Computing
o Windows networking
o Virtual machine environments and/or Linux server administration (moderate)
o Windows server administration (advanced)
o GNS satellite navigation systems with an understanding of Real Time Kinematic systems
● Valid Canadian Class 5 driver’s licence (manual)
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently while contributing to common goals
• Ability to travel internationally
• Ability to handle high pressure environment (especially when on-site in remote locations)
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Takes initiative to pursue issue resolution or suggest ideas and improvements
• Conveys a sense of teamwork and is respectful of others
• Dependable and delivers a consistent good standard of work
WHY JOIN WENCO?
● We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
● We offer an extensive benefits plan
● We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
● We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
● We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
● We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
● We offer much more!
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Interested in Wenco mining solutions? Reach out today to find answers to your questions, access more product information, or request a demo.