Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery, provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. Our rapid growth means we are currently looking for a full-time Technical Services Technician to join our Client Services team in Tucson, AZ.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager or Regional Manager, the Technical Services Technician’s main responsibility is to provide remote and on-site Tiers 0 or 1 support to clients. This role is to take direction from the Technical Analyst and Specialist roles.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely phone, email, and remote access support for existing customers
- Retrieve site information to maintain duplicate system environments of existing clients for testing and troubleshooting purposes
- Record/document all client issues through to resolution using Wenco’s issue tracking system
- Plan and practice for system implementation and upgrade projects to assist Technical Services Analyst and Specialist roles
- Review and contribute to product documentation
- Assist Technical Services Analyst and Specialist roles to perform successful implementations and upgrades
- Assist in site inspections and reports in preparation of deployments
- Assist and provide one-on-one and classroom training on the use and administration of the system
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues
Experience and Knowledge:
- Zero to 2 years of user and admin support experience for an enterprise class software system
- Mining experience/knowledge would be an asset
- Real-Time software systems
- Mobile Computing
- Competence and understanding of historic and current Wenco hardware platforms
- Sound understanding of Windows services
- Windows networking experience
- Virtual machine environments
- Windows server administration (moderate)
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems with an understanding of Real Time Kinematic systems
- Valid driver’s licence
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new processes and solutions
- Solid technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work effectively both in a team environment and as an independent contributor
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task based on customer and business needs
Why Join Wenco?
- We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling company
- We offer flexible remote work arrangements
- We offer an extensive benefits plan
- We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
- We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
- We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
- We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s mining operations. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.