VANCOUVER, CANADA (April 2, 2019) — Wenco International Mining Systems Ltd. ("Wenco"), a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. (HCM), is scheduled to unveil Hitachi's new global vision for autonomous mining systems at the CIM 2019 Convention, running April 28 to May 1 in Montreal, Canada.
A major provider of equipment and data systems to the global mining marketplace, HCM has long held a position of leadership in the industry's approach to digitization, technological interoperability, and autonomy. Now, in conjunction with Wenco, HCM is preparing to publicly reveal its vision and strategy for advancing open autonomy within mining for the first time.
"The guiding technological philosophy of Hitachi rests on open innovation," says Andrew Pyne, president and CEO of Wenco. "As such, Hitachi and Wenco intend to champion the enablement of open autonomous systems in mining as the most cost effective and straightforward way for customers to test and deploy autonomous systems.
"We're excited to publicly share our vision for open mining autonomy at the CIM 2019 Convention in Montreal.
"HCM Chief Technology Officer Hideshi Fukumoto will detail Hitachi's Solution Linkage vision and open autonomy strategy on Monday, April 29, on CIM's Innovation Stage at Montreal's Palais de Congrès.
Hitachi and Wenco are also preparing several other activities at the CIM 2019 Convention. Together, the Hitachi group companies have secured Diamond-level sponsorship for the event, which includes the following presentations:
- Sunday, April 28, 4:30 PM — A welcome speech at the event's Opening Ceremonies by Wenco Board Member David Harvey;
- Monday, April 29, 10:00 AM — An Innovation Stage presentation on Hitachi's Solution Linkage vision for open autonomy;
- Monday, April 29, 12:00 PM — Case Study: Accelerating Business Decisions and Mine Performance Through Operational Data Analysis at an Australian Coal Operation technical breakout presentation;
- Monday, April 29, 2:00 PM — Toward an Open Standard in Autonomous Control System Interfaces: Current Issues and Best Practices technical breakout presentation;
- Tuesday, April 30, 10:00 AM — An Innovation Stage presentation on Hitachi's vision for data and IIoT in mining; and
- Wednesday, May 1, 4:00 PM — A concluding speech at the event's closing luncheon.
All these presentations support the core message from HCM and Wenco about their vision for an open, interoperable, partner-based platform called Hitachi Solution Linkage. This platform is set to form a key part of the Hitachi corporate strategy for advancing open autonomy within mining.
HCM and Wenco are set to extensively promote these presentations over the coming weeks. To learn more about the forthcoming announcement or to discuss details of the associated presentations further, please contact Wenco Corporate Marketing Specialist Geoff Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-270-8277.